When relationships begin, many couples show their desire for each other in the courting process. Early in the relationship, showing affection is high on the list. Over time, this attention to the relationship can be lost. Flirting or engaging in behavior that shows that you are attracted to someone is a sure relationship booster! What did you do early in your relationship to flirt with your partner? How can you bring this flirty behavior back? If you don’t know where to get started, here are some ideas to get you going.
- Do you recall those times when you would spend late nights on the phone talking to your boyfriend or girlfriend? Have an interesting conversation at night. Talk about what things you love about each other and things that you’re interested in doing together in the near future. Learn more about your partner and build a stronger connection.
- Get out of that rigid old habit of predictability. Have a fun filled day of spontaneity and surprise. See what you guys can get into with the agenda of having a day of stress-free relaxation.
- When is the last time you gave your spouse a compliment? Give him or her an unexpected compliment for an ego boost! Tell your partner about his or her “sexy” body parts.
- Take the compliment a step further, and share your desires and fantasies about each other. Tell your partner exactly what you want him or her to do and vice versa. This can rejuvenate a more intimate connection.
- Stay connected through physical touch. Sitting on your partners lap is a great way to flirt. You can also hold your mates hand or slip your shoe off and play footsie under the table. Send your partner the nonverbal message, “I can’t keep my hands off you.”
- There is nothing like receiving some good old fashioned attention. Send your partner a text or sext message. Show your partner that you are thinking of him or her while you are apart. This lets you partner know that he or she is out of site, not out of mind.
Don’t wait for flirting to come to you. If flirting is absent, initiate it in your relationship. Acknowledge and share your sexual and overall attraction with your partner! This can increase your connection and improve your relationship. What are you waiting for? Get in the habit of giving your relationship that extra boost.