The importance of Good physical health & your Relationship
Relationship Boosters Podcast Episode 20
Interview with Risa Ganel, Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist & Fitness Coach
Risa has a passion to help couples strengthen themselves physically and emotionally to develop strong relationships.
The Love Gain
- People gain weight when they fall in love.
- Married couples that are together for more than 2 years are more likely to gain weight than single people. Research shows that married women gain approximately 2o pounds more than their single counterparts, and men gain approximately 30 pounds more.
- The happier a couple is, the more weight that they are likely to gain in the first years of their marriage.
Benefits of Marriage
- Live longer
- Better overall health
- Stronger bones
- Less likely to have heart attacks.
Contributions to the Couples Love Gain
- Partners do things together. Eating together can be a form of bonding.
- Love can be expressed through food. For example, cooking for your partner can be a method of showing that you love him or her.
- Pregnancy can contribute to weight gain for both partners.
- Certainty and comfort can provide complacency with health and wellness; therefore, if you are in a relationship, you may not worry about your physique due to being married and becoming comfortable with your life.
Strategies to Better Physical Health
- You must decide that your health is important, and that you value your physical health.
- Cook healthy foods together.
- Make work out dates.
- Do it for yourself, regardless of whether your spouse joins.
- Make it fun and try new thigs.
It is your responsibility to take care of yourself and your marriage. You need to view taking care of your physical health as another way of taking care of your relationship. When you feel strong and confident in yourself and your body, that is sexy and attractive to your spouse.
LET’S GET FIT
You can connect with Risa Ganel, and find out more about her fitness and therapy packages through her website: https://togethercouplescounseling.com
Building Your Extraordinary Relationship: As relationship counselors and coaches, we have packages to help you improve your relationship. If your relationship is in need of a jump start or relationship repair, contact us and we will be glad to help with boosting your relationship.
Events Workshops and Retreats: “Improve Your Relationship & Have an Enjoyable “Couples Playdate” Retreat Style. We recognize the need for couples to continue to enhance their relationship. We host couples retreats and teach couples skills to enhance their relationship. We would love to see you at one of our upcoming events.
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with other couples, friends, or your partner using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes. This helps the podcast reach more couples who want to build an extraordinary relationship
What Men Really Want In Relationships!
We want you to know what they want from their perspective.