The importance of self care for women
Relationship Boosters Podcast Episode 19
Interview with Alice and Judy of Just Breathe Ministries:
AVOID LOSING YOU IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP
Just Breathe is an organization that empowers women. They work to help women access their dreams. Many women may have dreams, goals. and desires that may be closed off due to life. The founders of this organization want women to know that they are valued.
Remember to Take Care of Yourself
- Follow the rules of the airplane: Put on your oxygen mask before you put one on for anyone else.
- When you take care of you, you will have enough for others.
- Many times, women forget the importance of caring for themselves first.
- Erudite women are well educated and scholarly. They are seen as not needing anyone or anything. They can handle everything on their own. These women are focused on caring for others and inside, they are dying.
- Women can easily get caught in the Martyr syndrome: They make sure to take care of everyone else, but forget the need to care for themselves.
- Recognize that it is not selfish to care for yourself. You can’t constantly give out and never refuel.
- You will become empty.
Claim your identity. Recognize you are your own person.
- Who are you?
- It can be easy to be become distant from your identity. You may be identified by your career or one of your many roles.
- Someone’s wife
- The head of an organization
- Your profession
- The marriage vows, “The two shall become one”, does not mean that one person needs to give up their self.
- This means, we must understand each other and feel the passions of each other.
- What is your purpose/mission in life?
- Where do you fit in this world?
Simple Self-Care Methods
- Go to the beach. Water can be therapeutic.
- Use laughter
Just Breathe Ministries connects with women through conferences and encounters. You can find out more about their services through their website: http://www.justbreatheministries.org
Email Just Breathe Ministries: email@example.com
Take care of your basic needs first: It is a necessity to just breathe…
Building Your Extraordinary Relationship: As relationship counselors and coaches, we have packages to help you improve your relationship. If your relationship is in need of a jump start or relationship repair, contact us and we will be glad to help with boosting your relationship.
Events Workshops and Retreats: “Improve Your Relationship & Have an Enjoyable “Couples Playdate” Retreat Style. We recognize the need for couples to continue to enhance their relationship. We host couples retreats and teach couples skills to enhance their relationship. We would love to see you at one of our upcoming events.
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with other couples, friends, or your partner using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes. This helps the podcast reach more couples who want to build an extraordinary relationship.
What Men Really Want In Relationships!
We want you to know what they want from their perspective.