Valentine’s Day When You’re In a Relationship
Relationship Boosters Podcast Episode 18
Host: Dr. Kia James
Making Your Valentine’s Day Meaningful
For your information, many couples struggle around Valentine’s Day. It can be a great, but stressful time for those in relationships.
There are 364 other days that can make or break your relationship. If you are waiting for Valentine’s Day and other holidays to express your love, your relationship may be in trouble. To master your relationship, you must work on your relationship regularly.
- Happy Couples know that their partner is thinking about them regularly. John Gottman recommends to do Little Things often.
Pump your partners gas.
Prepare a surprise lunch.
If your relationship is on auto-pilot, Valentine’s day can be a gift to your relationship
- Use this day to reconnect and recommit to your relationship.
Valentine’s Day is the gift giving holiday. Gifts can be a nice gesture, but being creating and thoughtful does not have to come from an expensive gift.
- Get an authentic and personal gift to show your partner that you are thinking about them.
- Be creative and unique
Avoid Valentine’s Day pitfalls
- Don’t fall into the trap of comparing your relationship to the relationship of someone else. That is not your relationship, and you do not know all the details.
What you see on social media does not tell the whole story of a relationship. Remember, people generally post the good times, and keep the bad times private.
- If your gift is not expensive, it does not mean that your partner loves you less.
- Let go of expectations, they can lead to disappointment.
- Have conversations about the importance or lack of importance in gift giving. If you or your partner does not believe in gift giving, this information should be known before a gift giving holiday.
If you are experiencing an emotional disconnect in your relationship, it is time to work on your relationship connection. Today is a great day to begin your relationship. Start by learning about your partner to assist with your reconnection.
Building Your Extraordinary Relationship: As relationship counselors and coaches, we have packages to help you improve your relationship. If your relationship is in need of a jump start or relationship repair, contact us and we will be glad to help with boosting your relationship.
Events Workshops and Retreats: “Improve Your Relationship & Have an Enjoyable “Couples Playdate” Retreat Style. We recognize the need for couples to continue to enhance their relationship. We host couples retreats and teach couples skills to enhance their relationship. We would love to see you at one of our upcoming events.
Thank You for Listening
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this week’s podcast.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with other couples, friends, or your partner using the social media buttons on this page.
Please consider leaving an honest rating and review for the podcast on iTunes. This helps the podcast reach more couples who want to build an extraordinary relationship.
What Men Really Want In Relationships!
We want you to know what they want from their perspective.